April 2020 Update
COURSE UPDATE by R.J. Catarino, Head of Golf Operations on April 27, 2020.
The WildeWood Club has adjusted the permitted walking times to accommodate neighborhood residents who want to walk on the golf course. For your safety, we ask that all residents and their guests follow the rules/policies stated below for non-golfers walking on the golf course:
WALKERS, DOG WALKERS, BIKE RIDERS, SKATEBOARDERS, AND SCOOTERS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE GOLF COURSE FROM 8:30 AM TO 7:00 PM. For your safety, anyone walking on the course during these hours will be politely asked to leave immediately.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION AT ALL TIMES when walking on the golf course. Golfers will be playing from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (even later in the summer months). It is the walker’s responsibility to stay out of the way of the golfers when walking from 8:00 am to 8:30 am or after 7:00 pm.
GOLFERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT ON WALKERS AT ANY TIME. Walkers assume all responsibility when on the golf course.
DO NOT walk or ride through any bunkers or on any greens when on the golf course. DO NOT allow pets to walk in these areas. Our course maintenance staff is working hard to improve/maintain the golf course and these areas can be easily damaged.
PLEASE KEEP TO THE EDGES OF THE HOLE OR ON CART PATHS WHEN WALKING ON THE GOLF COURSE. Do not walk down the middle of the fairways or near the greens.
ALL PETS MUST BE ON LEASH. Please remember to pick up after any pets.
Please make sure to share this updated policy with all members of your household. Parents, please make sure to share this information with your children.
Hours of operation for the golf course are seasonal and will change throughout the year. As such, the permitted walking hours will change as the golf course hours change. The golf shop will continue to keep residents informed when these hours change.
Thanks to all residents who have adjusted their walking schedules to abide by the policies stated above. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in helping us keep everyone safe!
TO ALL GOLFERS:
Please be courteous and arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your tee time.
Please be mindful of WildeWood residents’ property. DO NOT drive your cart through or play your ball out of any resident’s property. The property lines begin at the white stakes that line the sides of every hole. Carts need to return to the path when near the green and to travel to the next hole.
Carts are not allowed to the left side of Hole #11 green. Please return your cart to the path on the right side of Hole #11 when approaching the green. DO NOT ride your cart through the Turkey Pointe Neighborhood to get to Hole #12. Thank you.
CARTS ARE NOT ALLOWED OFF THE PATH BY TEE BOXES OR NEAR GREENS. PLEASE RETURN YOUR CART TO THE PATH IN THESE AREAS AND HELP US PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE COURSE.
Proper golf attire must be worn while ON PREMISES. That includes course, clubhouse, pro shop, and practice areas. Jeans, gym shorts, sweatpants, and t-shirts are not allowed at any time on the golf course.
Please help the golf staff by calling the golf shop or going online to make tee times (especially on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). We are averaging 90+ golfers per day and it is likely that golfers who just show up without making a tee time will have to wait or will not be able to get on the course. Any missed calls will be returned as soon as possible. Please make sure to check in with the golf shop before teeing off at your assigned time.
The golf shop is offering club re-gripping services. We have four grip styles in stock and plenty of other styles that can be ordered. Upgrade to some new grips today!
TO ALL HOA/SOCIAL MEMBERS:
The practice facilities are reserved for Full Golf Members only. You are not allowed to use the practice facilities (range, putting greens, chipping green) unless you are paying to play a round of golf that day. You have 6 times per year to play the WildeWood golf course at the Member Guest Rate.
Guest Rate Monday through Thursday: $37
Guest Rate Friday through Sunday: $47
TO ALL PLAYERS:
Please be safe and take the proper precautions to stay healthy during this National State of Emergency! We will keep the members updated about all cancellations or changes in procedures. Here are the steps we have taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Flagsticks on the putting/chipping greens have been removed.
- All carts will be cleaned and sanitized daily and staged 6 feet apart.
- Cups have been reversed so that the ball only goes 1 inch into the hole.
- All green towels are washed daily.
- Rakes and water coolers have been removed from the golf course.
- All food purchased from the WildeWood Grill must be taken To-Go-Only.
- Complimentary coffee will not be available in the Pro Shop.
- All member tournaments/events and outside outings until the end of April have been postponed.
We ask the members to follow these guidelines while on the premises:
- Please do not move the trays while hitting balls on the driving range.
- Please do not touch the flagsticks while playing.
- Please take your own cart (unless playing with someone from your household.
- Please do not gather in groups larger than 10 in any area while on the premises.
- Please maintain 6 feet of space between carts at all times.
- Please do not move tables or chairs from the Grill to any outside area.
Golf Hours of Operation on Mondays for May 2020:
- Pro Shop: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Tee Times: 10:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Range: 10:00 am to 30 MINS BEFORE SUNSET (allows the golf staff to pick the range, chipping greens, and putting greens)
Golf Hours of Operation on Tuesday to Sunday for May 2020:
- Pro Shop: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Tee Times: 7:50 am to 6:00 pm
- Range: 7:30 am to 30 MINS BEFORE SUNSET (allows golf staff to pick the range, chipping greens, and putting greens)
*These times may be affected by the weather*
The DAILY PLAY times are as follows for the months of April and May. You can still sign up online or by calling the golf shop. Tee times for the DAILY PLAY at the times listed below and will be in 12-minute intervals. Please note the change in the Saturday and Sunday DAILY PLAY times:
- Tuesdays: Seniors Play Day – 9:00 am/ Ladies Play Day – 10:00 am
- Wednesdays: Wednesday Morning Group – 9:00 am
- Thursdays: Seniors Play Day – 9:00 am/ Ladies Play Day – 10:00 am
- Fridays: Friday Morning Group – 9:00 am
- Saturdays: Catfight – 8:40 am/ Dogfight – 8:50 am
- Sundays: Blitz – 8:50 am
Thanks to all members and residents for your continued support of The WildeWood Club. Look forward to seeing you here at the course!
Head of Golf Operations